Thursday 22 August 2013

Marble Cake

Last weekend, the mood of baking cake came back.  I baked the most simple marble cake using the butter cake recipe.  
Here is the simple recipe and this is the first cake I learnt to bake during my teenage year.

Basic Butter Cake

Ingredients :
250g Self raising flour
4 eggs (Grade A)
200g sugar
4 tbsp fresh milk
2 drops vanilla essences
250g butter (room temperature)

Beat the butter and the sugar till butter turns creamy, put in the eggs one at the time ,put in the vanilla essences.
Beat till fluffy and pale.then put in the flour and the milk and beat till all mixed well.
Then put in the cake tin and bake in oven for 1 hour or till cooked in oven 200C
Add in 1 tbsp of cocoa powder (for marble cake)




I brought some for my colleagues

No comments:

Post a Comment